When people ask us what we do, the short (but perhaps not explicit) answer is that we provide complete financial planning and investment management services to meet your goals. Journalists and other individuals may describe this as “comprehensive financial planning,” “holistic wealth management,” or "life planning."
So what does it mean?
Obviously we conduct a thorough review and analysis of your specific needs in a range of planning areas, including college funding, insurance, taxes, cash flow, mortgage refinancing, retirement and estate planning.
But we’re not looking just at what you need, but why you need it. We want to know your hopes and dreams so that we can help you develop the right plan (and stick to it) to achieve everything that is most important to you. All of this analysis results in the development of a long-term financial and investment plan.
Just the Beginning
That’s all good – and probably exactly what you’d hear from any other solid financial planning firm. But it’s just the beginning of what we do. We would say those things are necessary, but not sufficient.
Here’s some of what sets us apart from other professional financial advisory firms. On any given day, we might be doing the following for clients:
- Coordinating the process and the completion for mortgage refinancing
- Writing a report about new home building in a neighboring state for a client considering such an undertaking
- Helping a client select and negotiate the cost and financing of a new car
- Researching/visiting independent or assisted living arrangements to help a client make a decision for themselves or a loved one
- Reviewing and implementing estate documents to ensure that "boilerplate" language doesn't result in any unintended issues in the future
- Facilitate the selection of personal or property/casualty insurance
It’s not that we do these kinds of things every day, or that every client needs or even wants them. What’s important for you to know is that when and if it's needed, we will be there. Other professionals just don’t want to be bothered because it means going the extra mile without additional remuneration. But know this: At St. John & Associates, whenever your situation requires extraordinary efforts, we will be there for you – because that’s just how we operate. Going the extra mile is part of our company DNA.